“My life changed in 1998 when I learned about the mind-body connection.
I started to realize how much control we have over our health, and how much chaos we can create in our health. I went on to study English literature and Sociology, because it was through these avenues the brilliant authors continued to share this idea of symbolism, of metaphor, that we each carry in our lives and connect to our health if we stop to look and listen. We all have a story. Through yoga, this same connection was revealed, through the breath.
During this time I experimented with my own health, and found that simple nutritional changes completely transformed my life; my immune system strengthened, I lost weight and energy increased.
Then I found Naturopathic medicine. This was it! This combined the thread I was looking for – the mind and emotions are intricately embedded in our cells and organs, and Naturopathic medicine could account for it.
Since then, my journey has lead me to understand how important all aspects of the body are:
- the physical – we live in a polluted environment, children are born with hundreds of known toxins, getting addicted to sugar at an early age, are inundated with antibiotics, the list is endless here.
- the emotional – our stress hormones touch each organ system and now are known to cause most chronic disease.
Addressing all factors is imperative to health care. My passion continues to be inspired by how magnificent the body is, and how is educates us about our entire being if we connect the dots. The body is the true healer, the one with the wisdom.”
– Dr. Girolamo
Dr. Donata Girolamo is a licensed and registered Naturopathic doctor in St.Catharines, ON. She maintains a private practice, where she cares for families using evidence-based medicine, combined with the art and wisdom of traditional medicine. She also has a special interest in women’s health, mental wellness and fertility.
Dr. Girolamo is committed to continuing education, and has extensive training in homeopathy, biotherapeutic drainage, auricular medicine, and medical intuition. She has additional certification in First Line Therapy, a lifestyle program for weight loss and chronic disease prevention and treatment. Dr. Girolamo has taken intensive courses in Vipassana and Mindfulness meditation, and mind-body medicine.
She is certified by the Board of Directors of Drugless Therapy Naturopathy and an active member of The Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors, the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors, and the Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors. She is a regular contributor to Health Wellness and Safety magazine, and has written for Canadian Health and Lifestyle. She is a guest speaker at Niagara College, teaching stress management with meditation, and is active in the community, giving health talks to groups like Run Girl Run, Happy Hearts, and Form Fitness.
Donata continues to help her patients through continuing education:
- Standard First Aid with CPR “C” (2005-Present)
- Reiki levels 1 &2 (2006)
- Homeopathy By the Book, Dr. Kellerstein, N.D. (2007)
- Psychosomatic Energetics level1, Biomed (2008)
- OAND Convention: Exploring the Foundations of Naturopathic Medicine (2008)
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture, Virginia Doran M.Ac., L.Ac., L.M.T (2009)
- One Day Unda Numbered Compound Intensive, Dr. Jacinta Willems N.D. (2009)
- Restorative Medicine Conference, Sedona Arizona (2009) Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome certification
- CNDA: Naturopathic Advancements in Gastrointestinal Conditions, California (2009)
- OAND Convention: Revolutionizing Medicine, The Connection Between Environment and Health(2009)
- CAND Convention: (2009)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy 8 week meditation program, Dr. Patricia Rockman, M.D. (2009)
- Mindfulness Webinar, Dr. Paul Epstein, N.D. (2010)
- The Evolution of Disease &Biotherapeutic Drainage™ for Individualized Medicine Dr. Robert Abell, N.D., L.Ac. (2010)
- Biotherapeutic Drainage™ & unda Numbered Compounds, Dr.Dickson Thom D.D.S., N.D (2010)
- First Line Therapy: weight loss and chronic disease prevention program (2010)
- Clinical Patient Evaluation: Miasms, Temperaments, Consitutions. Dr. Robert Abell (2011)
- Medical Intuition: Lori Wilson’s Total Body Intuition (2012-2013)
- Auricular Medicine intro and advanced Dr. K.C. Bateman, ND (2012-13)
- Case Management and Treatment of Lyme’s Disease, Dr. Adams (2013)
- The Evolution of Disease &Biotherapeutic Drainage™ for Individualized Medicine Dr. Tondelier, M.D., France (2013)
- MTC2 – Advanced Clinical Patient Evaluation & Treatment: Miasms, Temperaments & Constitutions Dr. Robert Abell, N.D., L.Ac. (2014)
- Clinical Rounds – Dr. Robert Cass, 2014
- Healthy & Active Metabolism Program (2014)
- Individualized Nutrition For Women’s Health: Beyond Bio-Identical Hormones Dr. Ginger Nash, N.D. (2014)
- Differential Clinical Diagnosis Using Biotherapeutic Drainage™ for Optimal Patient Outcomes Dr. Mikhael Adams, N.D. (2015)
- Holistic Counseling Dr. Moshe Daniel Block (2015)
- Foundations of Functional Diagnosis Training Dr. Dicken Wetherby( 2016)
- Clinical Applications for Phytotherapy Series Dr. Robert Abel (2016)
- Psychosomatic Energetics Level 2 (2016)
- Heavy Metal Toxicity Dr. Dick Thom (2016)
- The Treatment of Infertility – the complete series Jane Lyttleton (2016)
- The Natural Fertility Masterclass Drs. Chasse, Sgarlata, Epstein (2016).