- Keep gym clothes, shoes, and a yoga mat in your car at all times. You never know when you will get that extra hour due to a cancelled appointment, or delayed plans. You will feel exhilarated for the rest of your day knowing you are at a surplus of time and workouts!
- Drink 2 glasses of water as soon as you wake up. This sets the tone for the day, and may even stimulate a morning bowel movement, prevent headaches, and give you energy.
- Don’t meditate. OK – that’s reverse psychology. But seriously, say a prayer, do some deep breathing, and remind yourself of your personal daily goals. It’s easy to forget that you decided to drink 8 glasses of water a day, when other seemingly more important things come up.
- Shut the TV off. Watching TV isn’t relaxation. It’s zoning out. Act as though you have limited time here on earth to do all the most wonderful things imaginable – there is no other responsibility on your part, other than to be YOU. (When you are YOU, everyone else in your life benefits). Besides, what did we do before TV? (wrote passionate letters and poems by candlelight, made love, had 3 hour family meal-times).
- Understand money. “what does money have to do with health?” you may ask. It seems that we have created a society where we are being sold to every minute by the radio, internet, billboards, commercials, and the Jones’, and then become conditioned to think that we don’t have enough of it. Can you absolutely know that it is true, that if you made more money, things would be better? (tip – the answer is no, you can’t absolutely know that it’s true).
Yours in Life,